The other night, I was feeling something light + fresh tonight for dinner so I whipped up this delicious creamy quinoa salad in minutes thanks to my BFF meal prep .
It’s everything you want in a salad & more! Seriously.
KITK TIP: If you’re a fan of homemade spreads, pestos, tahini, almond/cashew cream or cheese or hummus, use them as alternatives to mayo in salad dressings. I like to add about 1 tsp. if the spread (for a single portion) to a bowl with lemon, apple cider, spices + nutritional yeast to create a creamy dressing for whole-grain salads. Creamy, delicious, satisfying but without the hydrogenated fats, oils + excessive salt found in mayo!
YOU NEED (for 1 portion):
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4-1/2 avocado, cubes
- 1/2 celery stalk
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp. hemp hearts
- Handful kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 pear
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 tsp. homemade pesto/hummus/tahini/cashew cheese/almond cream etc.
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne
- Sea salt + black pepper
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Prep other ingredients while the quinoa cooks + cools. Add them to a bowl then add the quinoa!
- Make the dressing by whisking together the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad & enjoy!