Chicken strips are like the ultimate all-time meal prep staple & when the chicken strips are marinated like this, they become more than a staple… a classic delicacy! Seriously! I have to say, my fam is pretty lucky & I don’t mean to brag but ya know!
I created a simple savoury, tangy + slightly sweet marinade for these strips so that you babes can use it as your hearts desire! Try it with beef strips, tofu, tempeh, salmon, tuna, shrimp… the possibilities are endless! It’s so versatile that it goes well with any protein, plant-based or not & you can throw these into salads, bowls, wraps, stir fry, chili, soup, sandwiches, or eat them as is!
- 1.5 lb. lean chicken breast (remove the fat + slice into strips or cubes)
- 1/2 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Dijon
- 2 tbsp. raw organic unpasteurized honey (or pure organic maple syrup)
- 3-4 bay leaves for flavour
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic or onion
- Huge handful fresh cilantro or parsley
- Clean, remove the fat + slice your chicken into cubes or strips.
- Place in a bowl + season with all the ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl + place it in the fridge to allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes. The longer, the more flavour!
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with avocado oil + place the marinated chicken strips on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through & tops begin to look crispy.
- To get them extra crispy, broil on high for 3-5 minutes (watch closely so it doesn’t burn!).