What’s a girl to do with leftover almond pulp?! MAKE SEEDY CRACKERS, thank you very much.
These crackers are so easy + simple to make, rich in fibre + protein, full of nutrient-dense seeds + avocado oil rich in healthy anti-inflammatory fats that protect the heart, keep skin plump + smooth & promote gut health! And they contain less sodium, are gluten + sugar-free + can be seasoned any way you like!
These babies are great for snacking + dipping into hummus, pesto, jam, cheese spreads or as a topping for bowls or crouton replacement for salads!
What’s fun is you can also spice them up how you like – if you’re into a sweeter cracker, you can swap the avocado oil for coconut oil & replace the garlic powder, sesame seeds, cumin & salt & pepper for ceylon cinnamon, nutmeg & a bit of cacao or vanilla powder.
- 1 cup almond pulp
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. flax
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt + black pepper
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with avocado oil.
- Add the ingredients to a bowl & mix until combined. Once combined, let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Press the batter onto the baking sheet, flattening it with your fingers (the finer it’s spread, the crispier the cracker).
- Use a large knife to cut the dough into crackers.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then check on them + bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool completely & enjoy!