This one’s going down in the books guys!!! Lightly sautéing the kale + beets in avocado oil makes all the difference, trust me! The kale gets nice + crispy & the beets perfectly charred!
This is a perfect lunch or dinner recipe after a long day because it takes hardly any effort + very little time to prepare, yet you’d never know it because of how delicious + satisfying it is! It’s also a great way to use up any greens you have left in the fridge!
If lentils aren’t your jam, you can throw in any other source of protein, such as quinoa, buckwheat, tempeh, eggs, tuna, salmon, ground or cooked chicken breast, beef strips, feta or goat cheese!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 heaping cup kale
- 1 organic beet, boiled
- 2 green onions
- 4-5 mushrooms
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cup zucchini noodles
- 1/4 small avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup sprouted green lentils, cooked
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Dried chives
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt + black pepper
- OPTIONAL: Splash of your fave natural sweetener)
- Cook the lentils or other protein.
- Add the kale, green onion, beet + mushrooms to a skillet & spray with avocado oil. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes until kale turns dark green + crispy & the other veggies are cooked through. Set aside.
- Spiralize your zucchini.
- Add the zucchini + lentils to the skillet with the veggies, season with the dressing ingredients & toss to coat.
- Top with avocado + black pepper & enjoy!