Are these not the prettiest energy bites you’ve ever seen?! Same!
They’re full of nutritious ingredients, vitamin C, fibre, antioxidants, healthy energizing fats like coconut butter + almond flour + lightly sweetened naturally with pure organic maple syrup + vanilla.
To add a little crunch, instead of chocolate chips, I threw in some of Living Libations radiant raspberry granola, which also contains probiotics, aloe Vera, sea buckthorn + schizandra berry!
And of course, what’s an energy ball without some seeds? I threw in a tbsp. of chia seeds for added healthy fats, protein, amino acids, fibre + antioxidants!
MAQUI BERRY is a new superfood powder I’m trying because I read so much about its health benefits, ranging from:
- high fibre
- antioxidant + vitamin C powerhouse (it’s one of the highest ranked foods on the ORAC scale, which measures foods based on antioxidants content)
- amazing for immunity + skin health (also a great way to promote collagen synthesis)
- flavonoids + ellagic acid make it anti-inflammatory, so it can help with autoimmune disease, skin disorders, gut health issues, diabetes + heart health
- naturally lowers cholesterol + regulars blood sugar levels
- naturally fruity sweet flavour that reminds me of açai berry
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1.5 tbsp. Navitas Organics maqui berry powder (swap for any superfood, adaptogen, protein, collagen or cacao powder!)
- 2 tbsp. Living Intentions radiant raspberry granola (or fave granola/cacao nibs)
- 2-3 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut butter
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- TOPPING: More granola
- Add the ingredients to a bowl + mix with your hands until the batter is uniform + you can roll it in a ball.
- Use a tbsp. to portion out the batter into balls or bites of your desired size, place on a plate + top with granola by gently pressing it into the bites.
- Refrigerate to firm up + enjoy!