Yesterday’s grocery haul means that today’s a roasted veggie party… but really, when is it it not? If you don’t know, now you know, but I could literally make a living off of roasting veggies.
I spiced this batch up with turmeric, garlic powder, cumin + dried parsley flakes so they’re crispy, crunchy, roasted to perfection & full of flavour! Not to mention, turmeric + cumin are super anti-inflammatory & great for stimulating digestion!
When it comes to the spices & seasonings I use for my veggies, you could really use them to spice up any & all veggies of your choice. I keep things simple because I actually LOVE the taste of veggies (please don’t kill me), but I also like to use one or two very flavourful or strong spices, which also happen to have a lot of health benefits! I’m talking things like turmeric, ginger, smoked paprika, cumin or curry powder.
- 2 heads broccoli
- 20-25 Brussels sprouts
- 2 small white onion
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt + black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Splash yacon syrup
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Add the veggies to a large bowl & season with all the dressing ingredients.
- Place the veggies on the baking sheet & roast for 35 minutes.
- Once roasted, broil on high for 2-3 minutes (but watch closely, so they don’t burn!)
- Remove from the oven & enjoy! 🙂