Here’s a quick + easy dinner idea for when you just don’t have the time but still want to stay on track! Banza chickpea pasta is super high in fibre + protein (a lot higher than regular pasta) + very rich in vitamins + minerals! It also mimics the texture + flavour of real pasta super well so you don’t feel deprived or pathetic eating something you don’t enjoy.
PSA: Eating food you don’t enjoy or that doesn’t satisfy you is probably the worst thing you can do on a health journey. It’s SO important to eat what you love + what makes you feel good + happy so that you don’t associate eating with negative feelings because in the long run, this might lead to disordered behaviours around food, such as binging, starving or purging or a combination of them.
It’s so much smarter to eat what you love & to be adventurous with food + find healthier alternatives to the things that don’t make you feel your best! This is truly how I believe you learn to eat intuitively, heal yourself mind + body + permanently fix your relationship with food!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-4, depending portion size)
- 1 box Banza chickpea pasta
- 1/2 cup homemade sugar-free marinara
- 1/2 large avocado (or 1 small one), mashed
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- TOPPING: more nutritional yeast + minced garlic
TO MAKE IT:
- Boil the pasta according to package directions.
- Once boiled, drain + add it back to the skillet with the rest of the ingredients. Heat over medium heat for 2 minutes until avocado is combined, spinach is wilted + pasta is creamy!
- Top with nutritional yeast + minced garlic or toppings of choice & enjoy!