I’m calling this a milkshake, not a smoothie, because of the rich, thick + creamy texture that almost reminds me of chocolate mousse! It’s so delicious, full of nutrients, satisfying, energizing + low in sugar!
I used avocado smoothie cubes as my main source of fat for this recipe, which I made using ripe avocados that would’ve otherwise gone to waste! All you gotta do is mash the avocado + stuff it into ice cube trays, freeze it + then pop them out as you need them to throw into smoothies or to make homemade ice cream/sorbet (search avocado matcha ice cream on my blog for inspiration).
BTW, don’t underestimate the importance of always adding an ingredient you can chew to your smoothie! Doing so triggers the digestive process + stimulates digestive enzymes in the body by sending a signal to the brain + preventing any potential bloating or digestive issues.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- 2 frozen avocado smoothie cubes (or about 1/4-1/3 cup mashed avocado)
- 1 tbsp. organic cacao powder
- Splash pure vanilla extract
- Thumb-sized piece banana
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 scoop Botanica Health perfect protein (vanilla)
- 1/2 cup steamed then frozen cauliflower or zucchini
- TOPPING: Purely Elizabeth pumpkin cinnamon ancient grain granola
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined + thick!
- Top with granola or other toppings & enjoy!