What if I told you it was possible to make HOMEMADE CHIPS that EVERYONE will love, NOT TO MENTION THAT TASTE LIKE CHEESY-WEEZY DORITO!!!
Well guess what? IT IS!
These sweet potato chips are crispy, crunchy, delicious, cheesy, healthy + you’ve been warned… so addictive!!!! But hey, at least it’s an addiction you can feel good about!
Sweet potatoes are super high in fibre, rich in vitamin A & antioxidants in the form of beta-carotene & they’re slightly lower glycemic than white potatoes! They also have a naturally sweet flavour that you don’t get with a white potato! So you can imagine these chips are HEAVEN.
PRO TIP: If you can, for this recipe, it’s best to use longer & thinner sweet potatoes so that you don’t have to cut your rounds in half for them to really ressemble chips!
- 3 long + thin sweet potatoes, sliced as thin as possible
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Rinse + slice your sweet potatoes really thinly. Keep the skin on to get them super crispy.
- Place the potato chips in a bowl + season with all the ingredients. Toss gently to coat.
- Preheat oven to 300F + bake for 40 minutes. Check on them + remove any chips whose edges have already crisped up + browned.
- Bake the rest for another 20 minutes.
- Once baked, broil on high for 2 minutes but watch closely so they don’t burn.