I seriously don’t know what I’d do without my morning routine!
I FEEL YOU, getting out of bed at the crack of dawn or having to wake up to the sound of an alarm ringing at an hour during which you’d prefer halfway to your dreams, isn’t the best feeling in the world. At least, at first…
BUT, once you get into the habit of waking up early & having a morning routine, it won’t feel so much like a task but will rather be somewhat automatic & normal for you! And yes, believe it or not, you’ll actually learn to LOVE it! I’m at the point now where I don’t even need my alarm to wake me up (except of course, if I go to bed way later than usual & I put it on the night before as a security blanket!).
My morning routine allows me to start my day with purpose & intention & has a huge impact on the way I carry myself throughout the rest of my day.
It helps me cultivate a sense of habit, stability, control & most importantly, a routine & a lifestyle, which motivates & empowers me to continue on my journey to being the BEST version of myself.
Having the first few hours of my day vary as little as possible also reduces anxiety & ensures I’m most productive throughout the day.
IF YOU DO EACH DAY RIGHT, YOU’LL DO LIFE RIGHT.
Your morning routine should align with what feels right for you & should nourish your mind & body as opposed to stress you, or make you feel rushed, overwhelmed or disorganized. I’m a very firm believer in the fact that the perspective & state of mind you wake up with & the way you start the day sets the tone for how the rest of it will go.
Like with anything in life, especially when it comes to making changes to your routine & ultimately, your lifestyle, it’s important to follow a routine that resonates with you rather than simply following a routine that works for someone else. What works for one person may not work for you & there’s nothing wrong with that.
Your morning routine can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour. Timing doesn’t matter, what matters is that you make time to do something that makes you feel good & excited to start your day! It should keep YOU grounded + on track, irrespective of what keeps other on track!
Here’s how mine looks:
I used to need an alarm clock but I got so used to waking up early that it’s basically automatic at this point. I let myself wake up naturally anywhere between 5:30-6:30am! The body actually has a circadian rhythm, a 24-hour internal clock running in the background of the brain + cycles between sleepiness + alertness at regular intervals (aka: sleep/wake cycle). It’s different for everyone but it works best when you have regular sleep habits: going to bed/waking up around the same time everyday (including weekends)! For me, optimal bedtime is 11PM+ wake up around 6Am!
To read more about my tips for waking up earlier, click here: KITK’s Top 5 Tips For Waking Up Earlier a.k.a. But What Is A Snooze Button?
Lemon, chlorophyll + aloe water
Read more about why I do it in the posts below:
- Lemon Water a.k.a. The-Only-&-Healthy-&-Best-&-Yummy-Way-To-Start-Oops-I-Mean-Detox-Your-Day-Right!
- My Go-To Ways To Boost Energy In The Morning!
- My New Morning Tonic: Aloe, Chlorophyll & Lemon Water a.k.a. How & Why I Stepped Up My Lemon Water Game!
This usually consists of: body shower, skincare, teeth, jade rolling, everyday makeup + getting dressed for workout. It’s so important to take this little bit of time for me before I kickstart my day because it gives me time to be zen + reflect.
- To read more about jade rolling, click here: What On Earth Is Jade Rolling & What Benefits Can It Bring To Your Life (Or Well… Your Skin?)
- To read more about my everyday makeup, click here: My Current Fave Products For That Natural Bronzed Glow! + My Current Everyday Makeup Routine (This Routine Even Holds Through Sweaty AF Workouts!)
- To read more about my mentaliiy with workout clothes, click here: Why Being Comfy In Your Workout Clothes Can Change Your Workout For The Better (& My Go-To’s!) + Let’s Talk Workout Clothes!
Catch-up on blog posts/do my morning segment for you guys
This is what I’m most passionate about in the AM; it’s a chance for me to connect with you, share what’s going on in my life + enlighten you with some of my knowledge!
Breakfast, coffee + supplements
I generally eat before my workouts (unless it’s early AM spin where I won’t have time to digest before) because that’s what works for me + gives me energy to power through double workouts; for some, a fasted workout works better + that’s OK! You gotta do what’s right for you! Taking my supplements with food ensures proper absorption + is the perfect way for me to make sure I don’t forget them.
- To read more about my supplements routine, click here: My Re-Updated (& Reduced) Vitamins & Supplements Routine & All The Details On Why I Cut Back & Why Food Should ALWAYS Be Your Number One Source Of Nutrition.
- To read more about why I use beef liver as a natural pre-workout, click here: Why Beef Liver Is Life-Changing As A Natural Pre-Workout (& In General) & Why You Need It Too!
- To read more tips about how I boost my energy in the morning: My Tips For Morning Bursts of Energy to KILL Your Workouts a.k.a. How I Wake Up Feeling Like Superwoman!
- To read more about why I take my supplements with breakfast, click here: My Breakfast Routine a.k.a. Kelly In The Kitch’s Complete Breakfast!
- To read more about my take on fasted workouts, click here: My Take On Fasted Workouts (& A Delish Breaky Idea!)
A great way to boost mood/energy, rev metabolism + start the day with a healthy mindset!
To read more about why I love morning workouts, click here:
- How-To: Fitness Motivation Tips & Tricks For Spring!
- Morning Workouts & How They Can Change Your Day!
- My Top 10 (OKAY FINE, 13) Tips For Working Out a.k.a. How To Make Working Out Fun, Effective, Time-Efficient, Motivating & Part Of Your Lifestyle-101!
- Just A Lil’ Bit Of Fitness Motivation (& Why Morning Workouts Are Great!)
- Fitness Tip: You Gotta LOVE What You Do!
- What’s The “Right Time” Anyway?