I think you guys know I’m a sucker for homemade jam. Not only is it a great way to use up ripe fruit but it’s also so easy to make + so much healthier than store-bought!
You really only need a few ingredients: fruits, lemon, apple cider vinegar, Ceylon cinnamon, pure organic vanilla + if you like a sweeter jam, you can sweeten it naturally with raw honey or pure maple syrup!
There’s this common misconception that jam is automatically healthy because it’s fruit. True, in part. Fruit has so many benefits from fibre to antioxidants to vitamin C to other vitamins + minerals. But, the store-bought jams rarely ever contain just fruit – they’re often loaded with preservatives, additives + added refined sugars, which cause extreme spikes in blood sugar + mess with hormones, skin, respiratory health,digestion + don’t provide sustained energy.
This jam is delicious, nutritious & totally customizable to your liking! It’s a great meal prep staple for easy breakfasts or afternoon snacks!
- 6-7 fresh figs
- 1/2 cup berries of choice
- 1 small plum
- 1 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2-1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 tbsp. natural sweetener of choice
- Add all the ingredients to a small skillet + heat over medium-high heat to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium + cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking/burning, until all liquid is absorbed, fruit is softened + jam looks sticky.
- Remove from the heat + use the back of the fork to mash any leftover chunks or add the jam to your blender + blend for about 40 seconds until smooth consistency.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container + enjoy!