I’m so excited to share this recipe + these amazing products with you guys! I don’t have IBS but I’m all about gut health. I also know many of you deal with IBS & I absolutely love helping whenever I can!
FODY Foods is a local brand of low FODMAP foods with the belief that NOTHING (especially not food) should hinder anyone’s freedom! The low FODMAP diet is based research at a university in Australia with an approach to relieve symptoms of IBS through the elimination of 5 types of FODMAPs (dietary sugars poorly absorbed in the small intestine that trigger gas/bloating/discomfort/pain/constipation/diabetes/distension in some people). Check out their website for more info or their Instagram page for some other yummy recipes using their products.
All the ingredients used in this recipe are gut-healthy, clean, simple, nutritious, delicious + contain no onion or garlic, 2 very common irritants in people with IBS.
I used Explore Cuisine red rice pasta to keep it gluten-free (BTW: many legumes/beans aren’t entirely low FODMAP-friendly). I used the Fody Foods tomato basil sauce, taco spice blend + olive oil. And guess what? You’d never believe me if I told you this recipe is THIS good for you. That’s how AMAZING it is!
- 1 package red rice pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1.5 tsp. Fody Foods olive oil (divided)
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast (+ more for topping)
- 1/2 tbsp. Fody Foods taco spice
- 1 1/4 cup Fody Foods tomato basil sauce
- Black pepper
- Boil the pasta according to package directions.
- Add 1 tsp. olive oil to a skillet + heat over medium heat. Add the tomatoes & sauté until wilted. Add the spinach + 1/2 tsp. oil & sauté until cooked through.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta + add it back to the skillet. Add the sauce, seasonings + sautéed veggies + heat over low heat for about 2-3 minutes until combined.
- Top with pepper + nutritional yeast.