Ok take it from me… Sometimes, a recipe comes out even better when it’s unplanned! This batter was actually supposed to be for some raw energy balls but when I saw how perfect the texture was, I knew I had to throw in some dark chocolate, bake it & turn it into bars or cookies & OMG am I ever glad that I did!!
These bars are made with clean ingredients, vegan, grain, gluten + refined sugar free, delicious, indulgent, chocolatey, crumbly on the outside, moist + chewy on the inside & full of healthy fats + antioxidants.
The matcha gives them that extra energizing kick, without the caffeine crash, not to mention it’s amazing for gut, skin + immune health! If you’re not a fan, you can swap it for your fave protein, collagen or adaptogen powder.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. organic ceremonial grade matcha
- 2 tbsp. date or coconut palm sugar
- 1 vegan dark chocolate bar, crumbled OR 1/3-1/2 cup vegan chocolate chunks
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl (except the chocolate) & mix until a batter is formed.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with aluminum foil. Spray with coconut oil.
- Place batter into the loaf pan, making sure to press it in firmly + on all sides.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are browned + top is crumbly.
- Remove from the oven + let cool completely before slicing.
- Slice & enjoy!