Nothing like homemade pesto, especially when it looks like THIS.
It’s creamy, dairy-free (but super “cheesy”), zesty, a little citrusy, rich in healthy fats, garlicky, nutritious, full of chlorophyll + antioxidants, so simple, easy + versatile!
You can switch up the ingredients to suit your tastebuds & all you need is a food processor!
I used whatever greens I had on hand but you can have fun with it + use your faves: spinach, kale, parsley, spring mix, radicchio, cilantro, mint, parsley, dill, chives etc!
I absolutely love adding pesto to things like white pasta sauce, to make salad dressing, as a dip for veggies or bowls, topping for toast or crackers or as a marinade! It’s a great meal prep staple because there are so many ways to use it throughout the week! It also freezes well in ice cube trays, so you can thaw and use a small amount whenever a recipe calls for pesto! But TBH, it won’t last that long!
- 2 cups radicchio
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup mixed greens
- or 4 cups of any mixed greens of your choice
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp. mixed raw unsalted nuts of choice (almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts or pine nuts)
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor & pulse until combined + incorporated. You’ll have to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Store in a mason jar or glass container + refrigerate OR freeze into ice cube trays if you want it to last longer/make a big batch.