I’ve done this with Brussels sprouts & it was SO DELICIOUS, I had to recreate it with mushrooms! Here’s the link to the Brussels sprouts recipe: “Cheese-Fries” Dupes a.k.a. Vegan Creamy & Cheesy Brussels Sprouts & Mushrooms
I’m not even joking… these mushrooms taste like CHEESE FRIES. This is a great side dish, add in for salads, bowls or veggie sandwiches or wraps! Super easy + simple to make & full of nutritional yeast for plant protein, B12 + beneficial enzymes!
The trick to getting them super cheesy is to add apple cider vinegar or any other liquid or oil to allow the nutritional yeast to get creamy + stick to the mushrooms! I swear it looks like CHEDDAR CHEESE!
- 2 packs of white mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp. garlic powder
- Splash or 2 of coconut aminos
- Sea salt + black pepper
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Add the mushrooms + the rest of the ingredients to a medium skillet. Toss to coat.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat + sauté the mushrooms until shrunk, browned + cooked through!
- Remove from the heat + enjoy!