My sis was having major PMS cravings today & she requested banana bread. Lord knows when she requests banana bread + she’s PMSing, I better respond with BANANA BREAD, or else…
I revamped my 6-ingredient banana bread (recipe here) just a bit but still kept this baby grain + gluten-free!
For me, banana bread needs to have a few qualities to be perfect… let me explain!
- crumbly + browned on the outside
- moist, chewy + decadent on the inside
- chocolate is necessary!
- naturally sweet flavour, but not overly sweet + a hella lotta vanilla
- delicious + satisfying
This baby satisfies all the requirements!!!
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. raw organic honey
- 3 eggs (or 3 flax/chia eggs – 3 tbsp. flax or chia seeds + 3/4 cup warm water combined + let sit for about 5 min. to gel up)
- 1.5-2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 vegan dark chocolate bar, crumbled. We used @zazubean 80% dark chocolate
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup almond, cashew or peanut butter
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Add the banana, vanilla, eggs, honey, coconut oil + almond butter to a blender & blend until incorporated.
- Add the almond flour + baking soda + powder to a large bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry + then mix.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with coconut oil + pour the batter into the pan. Flatten the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is browned + a knife comes out clean!
- Wait at least 10 minutes before slicing so that it cools + doesn’t break apart!
- Slice + enjoy!