I really like avocado toast, but I REALLY REALLY LOVE avocado chocolate cookies!
These babes are EVERYTHING you want in a cookie + more:
- scrumptiously chocolatey + chewy
- bursting with rich indulgent flavour
- naturally sweet
- vegan, gluten, grain, oil + soy free
- full of antioxidants, magnesium, iron, calcium, fibre, anti-inflammatory healthy fats…
- and the best part? SO EASY + SO DELISH, you’d never think they are THIS healthy!
They can be yours start to finish in less than 20!!!! So what are you waiting for?
- 1 medium avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy almond butter (swap for sunflower seed, pumpkin or coconut butter for nut-free)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. raw organic honey (swap for maple, yacon or coconut flower syrup)
- 1 vegan dark chocolate bar, crumbled (I used ZazuBean 80% extra dark chocolate)
- 1/2 cup raw unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 chia egg (3 tbsp. warm water + 1 tbsp. chia seeds) OR 1 regular egg
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 360F & like a baking sheet with aluminum or parchment paper.
- Spray with coconut oil.
- Melt the almond butter, vanilla + honey until you can stir it smoothly & it forms a uniform mixture.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl (except the chocolate) & mix until a batter is formed + no powder is leftover.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Use a spoon to scoop the batter into the baking sheet. Shape the cookies with the back of the spoon or your fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven + let cool on the baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for optimal freshness + perfectly chewy texture!