If this isn’t #lunchgoals, I don’t know what is!
Here’s a simple soup recipe that requires just a few ingredients, one skillet + your blender… what more can you ask for?! It’s full of detoxifying chlorophyll-rich herbs + vitamin A, K, C + fibre-rich celery!
I topped off a huge bowl of it with raw unsalted pistachios, nutritional yeast + fresh ground pepper & it was SO delish!
BTW, if you’re into the whole celery thing, I have a quick & easy 5-minute celery juice recipe on the blog HERE.
ALSO, I think celery deserves an honourable mention for its health benefits:
- it’s high in insoluble fibre + water, which makes it great for cleansing the intestines, regularity + fighting inflammation.
- it has perfect sodium to potassium balance, which means it fights bloating without dehydrating the body, reduces gas + relaxes nerves in intestinal walls; its natural sodium content also raises stomach acid, promoting digestion.
- it’s low-glycemic – balances blood sugar due to high mineral + vitamin C content + helps curb sugar cravings.
- it’s perfect for electrolyte replenishment after a workout, great for heart health, maintaining healthy blood pressure + preventing light headedness / fatigue.
- it’s high in calcium, builds strong bones & helps with the dilation of blood vessels + also high in vitamin K to boost circulation + blood flow
- it’s full of antioxidants so it fights aging in all our organs, including our skin.
Now, without further ado, let’s get back to this easy, quick & simple CREAMY DELICIOUS soup!
- 2 small white onions
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup fresh mint
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- A few splashes apple cider vinegar
- 7 cups raw celery
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1.5 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 7 cups water OR veggie broth (make sure to get low-sodium!)
- OPTIONAL: 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- Add all the ingredients except the water to a deep skillet & heat over medium-high heat. Sauté until onion is translucent + fragrant, herbs are wilted + celery begins to soften.
- Lower heat to medium-low, add water, cover + let simmer for about 20-25 minutes, until celery is fully softened.
- Remove from the heat, add the ingredients to your blender (without any leftover water/broth) & blend until smooth + desired consistency is obtained.
- If you find the soup too thick, you can thin it out by adding some of the leftover liquid to your blender.
- Add desired toppings & enjoy!
- I like to store soups in mason jars or glass containers to preserve freshness (PSA: I get mine at the dollar store!)