Most store-bought ketchup, pasta + pizza sauce contains tons of table salt (super high in sodium), added refined sugars, fillers, preservatives, syrups, additives, food colouring + gums! And if you LOVE ketchup & you’re eating it daily, it can really add up! That’s why you make THIS.
- simple ingredients
- versatile – use it on pasta, pizza, eggplant/zucchini Parmesan or pizza “crust”, as a dip for French fries, chicken, steak or topping for meatballs
- no added refined sugar, no BS!
- REAL FOOD
- vegan, gluten, soy, nut + oil free
- and the best part: it’s so good, YOUR KIDS WILL APPROVE!
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Celtic sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Splash yacon or pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- OPTIONAL: Splash Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos for a bit of a smoky flavour
- Add all the ingredients to a large skillet + heat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté until all the liquid is absorbed, tomatoes are coated in the spices, softened + browned. You should be able to mash them with a spatula.
- Remove the skillet from the heat + add the tomato mixture to your blender. Blend until smooth + creamy. Don’t over-blend!
- Store in a glass Tupperware or mason jar + refrigerate to keep fresh!