Ever think of making coffee ice cubes to prevent your iced coffees from getting diluted with water?! Or to throw into coffee chocolate or banana smoothies or milkshakes? Now that I’ve got you thinking, let’s talk about how this iced coffee is #GOALS, not only because it’s a lot healthier than those you’d get at a coffee shop but more importantly because it actually tastes like coffee, isn’t watered down + is naturally sweetened with REAL vanilla (not flavoured artificial syrup!)
I use 2 Nespresso coffee pods (my fave pods are the vanilla, ristretto, arpeggio + fortissio lungo).
TO MAKE THE ICE CUBES:
- Brew your favourite coffee + let it cool off a bit.
- Once it’s cooled, add it to an ice cube tray (I like silicone ones because the cubes pop out easily).
- Freeze & you’ve got your cubes!
TO MAKE THE ICED COFFEE:
- Brew 12-16oz. of your fave coffee & let it cool off for about 10 minutes.
- Put it in the fridge or freezer to make it cool faster.
- Add the chilled coffee, 1/2 tsp. vanilla or 1 tsp. pure maple, yacon or coconut flower syrup or honey, 4-5 coffee cubes + 4-5 regular ice cubes + 1/4 cup homemade plant-based milk to your blender & blend until frothy & smooth!