I mean… TALK ABOUT A PERFECT ROAST! Right?
Brussels sprouts aren’t only delicious but also SO nutritious! They’re probably one of my fave veggies to roast!
What’s so good about them aside from their deliciousness?
- high fibre so they’re filling + help maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- amazing source of potassium, necessary for maintaining healthy blood pressure levels, heart health + electrolyte balance in the body (that sodium + potassium balance is so much more important than we think!)
- rich in antioxidants
- amazing source of vitamin K, essential for bone strength
- contain ALA omega-3 fatty acids, which fight inflammation + provide gut, heart + skin healing benefits
Here’s how to make this perfect side dish, bowl or salad topper or healthy afternoon snack! The perfect roast makes them so crispy, they feel like chips!
- 20-30 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/3 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp. Kozlik’s dill Dijon or any other mustard of choice
- Celtic sea salt + black pepper to taste
- For drizzling once roasted: juice of one fresh 🍋
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the Brussels to a bowl & season with the other ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Place them on the baking sheet & roast for 30 minutes, until outsides are browned, crispy + crunchy!