This ORANGE SESAME GINGER CHICKEN is guaranteed to be LOVED by all! I’m so excited to share the recipe with you babes!
The combination of flavours is simple, yet you’d never know it… I mean, just the smell had me OMFG.
Let me tempt you a bit: fresh orange juice, ground ginger, toasted organic sesame oil, cayenne, fresh garlic, white onion + the STAR of the show: Naked Coconuts coconut aminos!
I seriously can’t remember the last time I used soy sauce & that’s because coconut aminos does such a good job at mimicking the flavour + use of it, if not even better! Plus, there’s so much less sodium, NO SOY & tons of beneficial enzymes to boost digestive health.
This recipe is just the right amount of sweet, savoury, citrusy, sticky, delicious, full of flavour, nutrition, antioxidants & SO satisfying!
You can use chicken legs like I did or you can use this simple marinade for any protein of your choice – chicken breast, beef, salmon, seafood, tempeh, tofu etc.
- 1 package of chicken legs (or protein of choice)
- 2 tbsp. organic cold first-pressed toasted sesame oil (or avocado oil if you don’t have sesame, but I find it really goes well with the rest of the ingredients)
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup organic coconut aminos
- Juice from one fresh orange
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper
- Add the chicken, onion & seasonings to a large mixing bowl & toss to coat the chicken fully.
- Cover & refrigerate the chicken for about 30 minutes to an hour to allow the flavours to marinate & get absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 400F & line a deep baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Once the chicken is marinated, place it in the baking dish & roast for 40-50 minutes, until tops are browned & crispy & chicken is cooked through (Stick a knife in the center to check that it’s no longer pink).
- Keep in mind that if you are using other sources of protein, you’ll have to adjust the roasting time.
- Once roasted, broil on high for 4-5 minutes to get outsides extra crispy.
- Remove from the oven & enjoy! Serve with extra lemon or orange slices for drizzling!