When you have leftover almond pulp, use it. Otherwise, use almond flour. I had tons of leftover nut pulp from making almond/cashew cream so I got to thinking… ENERGY BALLS!
Here’s a super simple + easy recipe you can whip up in minutes so that your leftover pulp doesn’t go to waste & you have energy balls on hand for the week as a healthy snack option!
They’re crumbly, chewy, naturally sweet, full of protein + healthy fats, bursting with vanilla + have an added dose of fibre thanks to psyllium husk, a source of prEbiotic fibre that nourishes the healthy bacteria already living in our gut!
- 1.5 cups leftover nut pulp OR almond flour
- 2 tbsp. raw organic honey
- 2 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 6 tbsp. crunchy almond butter
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup dried organic unsweetened raisins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- Himalayan pink salt
- Ceylon cinnamon for drizzling
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until a uniform batter is formed. You should be able to roll it into a ball without it sticking to your fingers too much (add more almond milk if it’s too crumbly + more almond flour or psyllium husks if it’s too wet).
- Roll into balls + place on a plate.
- Refrigerate until firm then store in an airtight container.