PSA: That whole romaine lettuce saga is over or y’all can be sure I wouldn’t have loaded this salad with it!
Nonetheless, washing produce is SO important. Whether it’s organic or not & whether there are warnings or recalls, reality is produce is full of pesticides + bacteria & part of taking care of our body is being mindful about what we put into it! I always wash my veggies by soaking them in a bath of water with a few splashes of apple cider vinegar. I like to do it in batches so that they’re cut up + ready when I want to use them in salads, bowls or other recipes.
This salad is crispy, crunchy, delicious, creamy + naturally sweetened with dried cranberries + a delicious citrusy sweet balsamic vinaigrette!
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 tbsp. raw unsalted almonds
- 1-2 tbsp. dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (make sure it contains no caramel colour… a lot of them do
- so read the label!)
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Add the salad ingredients to a mixing bowl + season with the dressing ingredients.
- Toss to coat, drizzle on black pepper & enjoy!