I know a good sweet potato fry when I see one & this is ONE.
I don’t know about you but I’m legit salivating. For me, a legit sweet potato fry needs to be roasted to perfection, skin on, slightly burnt + crispy on the outside + deliciously moist, chewy + caramelized on the inside. And let me tell you, I nailed it with these guys!
They’re perfect as a side dish, as a crowd-pleasing appetizer, added into bowls, chopped into salads or simply dipped into Dijon, ketchup, your fave guacamole, salsa, pesto or aioli!
You need just a few simple ingredients, a love for French fries (but I mean… who doesn’t have that?!) & just 30 minutes!!!!
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes, sliced into thick French fries (skin on)
- 2 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Celtic sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- A few splashes of apple cider vinegar (or avocado oil for heartier fries)
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil. Spray with avocado oil.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl & season. Toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet & roast for 28-30 minutes, until caramelized, browned + outsides look almost burnt + crispy.
- Broil on high for 3-5 minutes to get them super crisp! But watch closely so they don’t burn.