Let’s describe this breakfast in a few words:
- Full of antioxidants, fibre, protein + energizing amino acids + good carbs!
- Naturally sweet + delicious.
- A breaky for champs!
PSA: Do you have trouble digesting oats?
If yes, it could be for one of two reasons:
- Are your oats certified gluten free? Oats are naturally gluten-free but if the brand you buy isn’t certified, they may be manufactured in a facility that also processes gluten + be exposed to cross-contamination; if you have a gluten intolerance or sensitivity, try buying certified gluten-free oats to prevent the risk of digestive issues.
- Like most grains, oats contain an outer layer that contains enzyme inhibitors, which explain why they’re hard to digest for some with weaker digestive systems; ; buy sprouted ones or try soaking them or buy them sprouted to remove enzyme inhibitors + facilitate digestion.
Now, without further ado, THE RECIPE!
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup water
- A scoop of vanilla vegan sprouted protein (I use Botanica Health)
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 small kiwi, diced
- Add all the ingredients except toppings to a small glass container + mix.
- Refrigerate overnight. It’ll thicken up so don’t worry if it’s a bit liquid.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, stir gently & top with toppings! I used dehydrated raw papaya, chia seeds, berries, frozen banana + Ceylon cinnamon!