This recipe is BEYOND EASY to make, so easy that I went out on a whim & whipped these up 20 minutes before I left for the gym this morning. And not only are they easy but they’re so nutritious, chocolatey, naturally sweet. delicious, just the right amount of chewy but also crumbly, full of antioxidants, magnesium, iron + calcium & TONS of protein + fibre!
You can also customize them as you wish! Switch up your nut butters, swap them for seed butters, add in walnuts or pecans, dried blueberries or goji, cinnamon, coconut, cacao nibs or chocolate chips… the possibilities are endless! 😍
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup creamy nut butter of choice
- 1.5 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup of your fave granola
- 1/4 cup raw sliced almonds (or other nut of choice, dried fruit, coconut, cacao nibs / choco chips)
2 tbsp. raw cacao powder (unsweetened)
- Add all the ingredients except the granola + almonds to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until combined & incorporated. Oats should be coated in the butter & other ingredients.
- Fold in the granola + almonds or other add-ins of your choice.
- Roll the babes into balls of desired size (you can also add the batter to a loaf pan & refrigerate it to firm up, then slice them into bars & individually wrap them). I like to wet my hands in between every few to make rolling easier.
- Place the balls on a plate & refrigerate to firm up.