This is the result of a pasta craving for me & y’all can be sure that it hit the spot! What made me even happier was that it was ready in just 15 minutes!!
I used Banza chickpea pasta for a gluten-free, high iron, protein + fibre alternative to regular pasta. IMO, it mimics the flavour + texture of pasta to a T & that’s saying a lot because I’ve always been a pasta lover!
You don’t need a blender or a million ingredients to make this super creamy avocado cashew cheese sauce. You just need ONE SKILLET & a few simple ingredients. And get this… it’s so silky & creamy, you’ll have a very hard time believing there’s no dairy + butter in there!
- 1 serving Banza chickpea pasta or any pasta of choice
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tbsp. cashew cheese (I used Nuts For Cheese smoked artichoke vegan cheese) OR 1 tbsp. shredded mozzarella, Parmesan or Romano cheese OR 1 tbsp. cashew/almond cream, Greek yogurt, etc.
- 1/2 tsp. minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- A splash of apple cider vinegar (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Boil the pasta according to package directions.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta & add it back to the skillet with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat over medium heat until cheese is melted & avocado is fully incorporated with the pasta. The pasta should be creamy & it should look like Alfredo sauce.
- Remove from the heat, add some black pepper &/or nutritional yeast & enjoy!