Oh my eggplant! Literally.
It’s amazing how wonderful a roasted veggie recipe can come out when you season it right! You’d think you were munching on spicy fries… I swear!
Eggplant is such a versatile veggie (so versatile that I’ve used it as pizza crust) + it packs so many health benefits from high fibre content to gut health to keeping you full, regulating blood sugar levels + cholesterol, rich in antioxidants in the form of beta-carotene, boosting immunity, bone health + preventing certain disease + protecting the heart.
Pair this eggplant with a beautiful piece of grilled fish or turkey, some smoked tofu or tempeh or throw it into salads, bowls, grilled veggies wraps or sandwiches with some goat, feta or cashew cheese & you’ve just taken your recipe from 0 to 100 real quick!!
- 1 large eggplant, halved + sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Celtic sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Place the eggplant slices in a bowl & season. Toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil. Place the eggplant on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 12 minutes at 425F. Once roasted, broil on high for 4-5 minutes or until tops are browned & crispy!