Quinoa salads are a great meal prep staple because there are so many different ways to eat them:
- on their own
- in bowls or fresh mixed green salads for added flavour + nutrition
- in rice paper wraps or in pita pockets or brown rice wraps
- as a side dish with your favourite protein + roasted veggies
This one’s loaded with all the goods, because of course… when is it not & I made a simple lemon balsamic dressing you can season in the same bowl!
I don’t know about you guys but if this salad isn’t the definition of a rainbow on my plate, I don’t know what is!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 head radicchio, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried Goji berries
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Splash yacon syrup
- Celtic sea salt + black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once cooked, set aside to cool off.
- Prep the other ingredients + add them to a bowl.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, add it to the bowl with the ingredients & season in the same bowl. Toss to coat.
Here’s some inspo for how I threw a meal together with this quinoa salad: mashed avo with nutritional yeast, sea salt onion chips, cucumber, lupini beans & cucumber!