When you run out of hemp nut butter, you make your own with an added dose of flax, vanilla bean & MCT oil for cognitive health, healthy fats, energy + mood boosting + to get that metabolism revving!
All you need is 4 ingredients + your blender!
It’s actually crazy how simple + easy it is to make – you save money & you get to blend t until you achieve the texture you like. I kept mine a little chunky but you can just blend for longer for a smoother butter.
ALSO, to all my babes: this homemade seed butter is amazing for hormone regulation!!! Most hormonal issues stem from an imbalance in the body between progesterone & estrogen & these seeds contain beneficial nutrients that help balance them out, for example: flaxseed contains lignans, which binds to excess estrogen so it can be eliminated by the body.
Studies have also shown that hormonal imbalance can be due to deficiencies in essential fatty acids, including both omega-3 & omega-6 & more than 80% of North Americans are in fact deficient! One specific deficiency is the omega-6 gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) & it can be difficult to get from foods. Hemp seeds contain this rare form of EFA & are a great food to add to your diet to make sure your body has enough of them & doesn’t go into hormonal overdrive!
Without further ado, here’s how to make it!
OH WAIT… here’s how I had it this morning for breaky: 3 chestnut crisp breads, 2 topped with the hemp + flax butter that I’m about to share with you babes, banana, raspberries + Ceylon cinnamon + one with cashew butter + shredded coconut with a side of banana!
Ok, now let’s get to that recipe!
- 3/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded (or 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract)
- 2 tbsp. MCT or coconut oil (melted)
- 1-2 tbsp. water to thin out if needed
- Add the ingredients to your blender (except the MCT) & blend until ur starts to clump up a bit.
- Scrape the sides, add the oil & blend again until desired texture is obtained. You might have to scrape the sides a few times &/or add some water to make it smoother depending on the brand of seeds you use
- When it’s ready, place it in a glass container or jar & refrigerate to preserve freshness