What if I told you you could have chocolate for breakfast? But not just any chocolate: a creamy + delish fibre rich protein-enhanced one that’s full of anti-inflammatory healthy fats, ready in minutes, easy to take on the go & made with minimal ingredients!
TBH, having switched over to a plant based lifestyle, I don’t know what I’d do without seeds!
Chia seeds are one of my favs because of the way they thicken when they bind to liquids so this makes them super versatile in recipes! Even if you don’t eat fully plant-based, I really love believe anyone can benefit from adding chia seeds to their recipes – such a superfood & don’t add much bulk to meals even though they provide a hella ton of nutrition.
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (+ 1 tbsp. if it’s too thick)
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. Botanica Health vegan vanilla protein powder
- TOPPINGS: Banana, yacon syrup, ceylon cinnamon, raw pistachios + cacao nibs
- The night before, add all the ingredients to a small container & mix until combined. It’ll be a bit liquidy, but it’ll thicken overnight!
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, mix, add to a bowl, top with desired toppings & enjoy!
- P.S. you can also double or triple your batch to make on the go breakfasts for the first few days of the week if you wish! Makes life so much easier!