Sometimes, I impress myself with the recipes I make & tonight was one of those times!! This CURRY QUINOA STIR FRY set my HEART on FIRE.I mean, most of my recipes tend to do that to me, which is why I get so much pleasure in sharing them with you guys! You know what they said, spread the love. WELL I’M SPREADING THE LOVE & THE DELICIOUSNESS!!!!
If I had to sum this recipe up in just a few words:
- Vegan + gluten-free
- Full of veggies + fresh herbs
- Anti-inflammatory spices FTW
- Flavour for days
- A perfect mix of plant protein, good carbs, healthy fats + fibre
- Nutritious, delicious + filling without feeling heavy
- Tangy, spicy, crispy, crunchy, warm + comforting… you just can’t go wrong!
Since the recipe itself isn’t super rich in healthy fats, I decided to top it with 1/2 a sliced avocado. But you can betcha that avocado didn’t stay as pretty once I mixed it all up – the avocado actually acts almost like a creamy sauce when it’s combined with the warm quinoa & honestly takes this recipe from 100 to 200 real quick (Yes, I’m implying that it was already a 100… I mean, tell me you don’t agree!).
You can also switch it up a bit if quinoa isn’t your thing & you rather use brown basmati rice, black japonica rice, buckwheat, freekeh, amaranth, barley, couscous, etc. Have fun with it!
Without further ado, let’s discuss how easy this is to make. I’m about to set your heart on fiya!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 portion):
- 1/2 cup cooked organic quinoa
- 1/2 small bell pepper, diced
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. curry powder (depending on your tastebuds)
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp, ground ginger
- Splash of apple cider vinegar OR avocado oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, diced
- TOPPING: 1/2 avocado, sliced + nutritional yeast + dried organic herbs
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Add the quinoa to a small skillet with the bell pepper, tomatoes, turmeric, sea salt, black pepper, curry, minced onion, garlic, ginger & apple cider vinegar. Sauté over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until veggies are slightly cooked but still crunchy & all the spices & ingredients are combined.
- Throw in the cilantro & green onion & sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, top with desired toppings & enjoy!