Here’s a breaky for champs if I do say so myself! Literally nothing gets me more excited than coming home from a double sweat sesh to a breakfast this hearty + delicious!
Before we get into the recipe, let’s talk about MULBERRIES, a very underestimated dried fruit lots of health benefits!
- great way to NATURALLY sweeten breakfast bowls, oats, yogurt or baked or raw treats
- 1/4 cup serving provides you with 3G fibre, 3G protein, 121% RDV vitamin C, 8% RDV calcium + 21% iron! If you’re someone who struggles with iron deficiency, mulberries are a great option to prevent light headedness, fatigue, weakness, energy slumps + iron deficiency anemia
- they provide a good dose of energy, carbs + natural sugar but won’t spike your blood sugar in the same way gummy bears would (although the deliciously chewy texture would make you think otherwise!).
- one of the few foods that contain Resveratrol, a polyphenol (antioxidant) that’s amazing for skin health boosting immunity, protecting the heart + fighting certain disease
I also added royal jelly to naturally sweeten, for a kick of energy, gut health, liver + kidney health, detoxification, skin glow, boosting collagen production, immunity + B vitamins!
Okay, now the recipe!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup homemade cashew milk
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce (or yogurt / cashew cream)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp. dried white unsweetened mulberries
- TOPPINGS: Bluebs, cacao nibs @organictraditions, clementine + royal jelly
- The night before, add all the ingredients except the toppings to a small glass container & mix.
- Place in the fridge & refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, add toppings, a splash or 2 of cashew milk if you wish & enjoy!