I kept you guys waiting long enough. Okay fine… just a day. But TBH, with a pizza this good, keeping you waiting & wondering & drooling & salivating for even an hour is cruel. So, I’m terribly sorry for being so cruel. BUT NOW… HERE GOES!!
There’s no shame in sharing that I definitely went to bed dreaming of this GRAIN-FREE COCONUT FLOUR PIZZA CRUST. Trust me, you will too once you try it.
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever made a simpler pizza crust. It’s probably one of the easiest pizzas to put together & it comes together in MINUTES, so it makes for a great quick dinner solution when you just don’t have the time or you get home after a long day craving PIZZA. Because let’s be honest here, it happens to us all!
So what exactly went down with this recipe… ah, let me explain.
In a nutshell, think coconut flour dried herb “cheesy” crust topped with tomato sauce, cashew cream, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast + black pepper. Those are the toppings that I chose but you can really just use this recipe as your base & then dress your pizza as your heart desires!
It tastes SO cheesy, you’d never believe it’s dairy-free & you’ll be shocked at how easy it is to make + how minimal the ingredients list is! Yep, you read right… I AM ABOUT TO SHOCK YOU in the best way possible.
**P.S. TO MAKE A SINGLE SERVING PIZZA: divide quantities by 3.
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1/3 cup organic coconut flour
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 3 flax eggs (3 tbsp. flaxseed, 9 tbsp. water)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil or other dried herb
- 1/2-1 tsp. garlic powder
FOR THE TOPPING:
- Homemade or jarred tomato sauce (if it’s jarred, make sure it contains no preservatives, additives, hydrogenated oils, table salt, fillers or addd sugars)
- Cashew cream or other cheese or dairy-free alternative
- Greens of choice
- Fresh or sun-dried tomatoes
- Nutritional yeast or Parmesan or Romano
- Black pepper freshly ground
- Add the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until combined. Spread the dough into a circular shape on a parchment or aluminum-lined baking sheet. Make sure the base is about 1cm thick.
- Bake in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it because timing might vary slightly!
- Once the pizza crust is ready, remove from the oven & let it cool slightly for a few minutes so that the sauce doesn’t break it apart.
- Once slightly cooled, spread the tomato sauce on the crust, top with cashew cream & spread it into the sauce with a spatula & then add your other toppings.
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes more, until you reach your desired level of crispiness & cheese is melted (if you used some).
- Sprinkle with additional dried herbs, nutritional yeast/Parmesan &/or black pepper. Slice & enjoy!