Ain’t no recipe you can’t add a plant-based twist to… even MEATLOAF! Lentils are the perfect substitute for ground beef or chicken because the texture is similar & they have the most “meaty” flavour when compared to other legumes or beans!
I made these into muffin cups because it’s easier for portion control + a lot less messy! But, you can easily bake this in a loaf pan to mimic real meatloaf even more.
I’m so excited to share this protein packed veggie meatloaf with you guys! It’s also loaded with tons of onion + garlicky flavour & of course, nutritional yeast for extra protein, cheesy flavour + B12 + beneficial enzymes! To add thickness & help hold it all together, I used raw organic tahini, which also adds a great dose of antioxidants + healthy fats.
And for the crumble? OATS! They add texture, fibre + more protein!
You don’t want to scroll through this one… yes, even if you’re a carnivore! It’s fun to change things up every once in a while! Plus, foods like lentils, green peas, veggies + oats provide so many vitamins, minerals + antioxidants, you really cannot go wrong!!
- 1 cup organic green lentils (you can used canned organic low-sodium or cooked lentils, based on personal preference)
- 1/2 cup raw carrots
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup organic green peas
- 2 small shallots or 1 large one
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp. raw Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. organic tahini
TO MAKE 9 MUFFIN CUPS:
- Preheat oven to 350 & line a muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- If you’re cooking your lentils & not using canned ones, cook them according to package directions. Otherwise, open the can of lentils & rinse + drain them.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, except oats & stir to combine.
- Once combined, add the oats & stir a bit more.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin liners.
- Bake for 25 minutes & then broil on high for 2-3 minutes if you want to get the tops extra crispy.
- ENJOY! 🙂