I had some brown rice ready in the fridge & felt like spicing it up so I threw it into a skillet with lots of turmeric, black pepper, sea salt + a splash of apple cider vinegar & sautéed it lightly just long enough for the rice to turn yellow because… TURMERIC.
I threw the cooked turmeric rice into a bowl with greens, chickpeas, radish, organic salsa, raw almonds, sprouts, tigernuts + lots of dried herbs & there you have it… another perfect rainbow on my plate!
I generally have 1/3 to 1/2 cup cooked grains, depending how hungry I am.
Here’s what you need to make a bowl that looks something like this; the ingredients don’t have to be the same nor do the portions, it’s really just all about putting something together that your body loves & that makes you feel good!
▫️any greens of your choice
▫️sprouts / micro greens for extra antioxidants + greens
▫️salsa, pesto, tahini, hummus, Dijon, cashew cheese or any other dip, spread or dressing
▫️some crunchy veggies
▫️animal or plant-based protein source
▫️whole or sprouted grains
▫️fats, in the form of nuts, seeds or healthy oils
▫️toppings: nutritional yeast, dried herbs, other spices, sesame seeds or a blend
INGREDIENTS FOR TURMERIC BROWN RICE:
- 1 cup organic brown rice
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon juice for drizzling
TO MAKE THE TURMERIC RICE:
- Prep 1 cup brown rice according to package directions or use some you already meal prepped so that it doesn’t go to waste.
- Add the rice to a small skillet or continue to cook it there if you make it fresh & season with 1 tsp. ground turmeric, apple cider vinegar sea salt + black pepper.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, drizzle with fresh lemon juice & serve in your bowl!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate.