When I tell you these VEGAN QUINOA “RICE KRISPIE” SNACKS will leave you (& your kids) MINDBLOWN, I really mean it babes!
Made with just a few simple ingredients, lower in sugar than just about any Rice Krispie treat you’d buy, coated in a dark chocolate layer topped with naturally sweet antioxidants-rich bee pollen + coarse sea salt… my goodness, I’m drooling just thinking about these!
They’re vegan, gluten + refined sugar free, scrumptiously crumbly, chewy, sticky, moist + decadent, chocolatey, rich & perfect for an afternoon snack or crumbled into a breaky bowl!
FOR THE “RICE KRISPIE”
- 2.5 cups quinoa crisps or brown rice crisps
- 1/3 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk (if needed to make mixture a bit more moist)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or coconut better (melted)
- Himalayan pink salt
FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 2 vegan dark chocolate bars or 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. creamy almond butter
Bee pollen & coarse sea salt
- Melt the maple syrup, almond butter + coconut oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once it starts to bubble, lower the heat & let it simmer for about 3 minutes, whisking consistently.
- Add the quinoa crisps to a mixing bowl + pour the melted mix over the crisps. Mix to coat the crisps in the mixture. If you need to moisten the batter a bit, add 1-2 tbsp. almond milk.
- Pour the mix into a loaf pan & use your hand or a spatula to press it down firmly. Set aside to firm up.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate + almond butter either on the stovetop or the microwave, until it’s creamy -+ smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate mix over the bars. Garnish with bee pollen & coarse sea salt.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once firm, remove from the fridge + cut into bars!