Did you know green peas are an amazing source of protein that support healthy blood sugar control, boost digestive + gut health & the body’s antioxidants capacity + ability to fight off disease + infection & they’re rich in vitamin A, K, C, B complex vitamins + iron, so they provide a good source of energy, are amazing for the skin, boosting collagen production, maintaining strong bones + preventing anemia + chronic fatigue.
FYI: like most grains, nuts & legumes, they do however contain low levels of anti-nutrients in the form of phytic acid, which is why it’s best to eat them fully cooked to avoid any digestive discomfort.
This bowl is a plant protein PARTAY! It took me no more than 10 minutes to prepare & it was so delicious + satisfying!
- 1/4 cup organic chickpeas
- 1/4 cup organic green peas
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 2 small endives, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. homemade cashew cream
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan blend
- Pink radish sprouts
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- Add the green pas, chickpeas, smoked paprika , garlic & sea salt + black pepper to a small skillet.
- Sauté over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, until the peas are cooked (but not mushy!) & coated in the seasonings.
- Remove from heat. Let cool slightly as you prep the other ingredients
- Put it all together, mix the cashew cream with the nutritional yeast & enjoy!