YEP, VEGAN + GRAIN-FREE EGGPLANT PIZZA IS A THING!!
- it’s easier to make than real pizza
- a lot healthier too!
- you can customize the “crust” to your tastebuds & follow the same recipe but with zucchini, sweet potato or any other type of squash!
- the toppings are up to you – let your imagination run wild!
The recipe is coming to the blog soon but let me tease you just a bit… I roasted the eggplant just enough so it was cooked but not mushy, then topped it with salsa, chopped spinach, cherry tomatoes, roasted shallot, vegan Parmesan (I buy a blend that contains nutritional yeast, walnuts, sunflower + hemp seeds, garlic + sea salt) + hemp hearts for extra healthy fats + protein & let me tell you, IT HIT THAT PIZZA SPOT REAL NICE.
I don’t know about you but if my pizza crust can be full of fibre, antioxidants & vitamins + minerals, I’ll take it over refined white flour!
- 1 eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1” slices
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp. organic salsa or tomato sauce
- Nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan blend for sprinkling
- Fresh or roasted veggies of choice (I used tomatoes + roasted shallot)
- Shredded spinach or kale
- Hemp hearts for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F & place the sliced eggplant on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes until slightly softened but not mushy.
- Broil for 2 minutes to get the edges crispy.
- Remove from oven, top with salsa, veggies + other toppings.