Whoever told ya you’d have to fully give up chopped egg + tuna toast on a plant-based diet ain’t never met this LENTIL version!
Okay fine, so you do have to give up the tuna + egg, but you get to swap it for something just as DELICIOUS, if not more that contains just as much protein in the same amount of tuna & 2x as much in the same amount of chopped egg!
Lentils & all legumes & beans are a great way to mimic the flavour profile of animal protein because you can season them similarly & use them in so many different ways: as side dishes, to create cold or warm salads, stir fry’s, stews or as add-ins for salads, wraps or bowls!
This toast really hit the spot! It’s crispy, crunchy, creamy + full of wholesome ingredients! And… SO EASY!
You can even use this lentil salad on rice cakes, crackers, crisp breads, in pita or wraps, lettuce wraps for a lower-carb option or eat it as is
P.S. If lentils aren’t your jam, you can follow the exact same recipe using any bean of your choice, such as chickpeas, black beans, white or kidney beans, etc.
- 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Splash apple cider vinegar
- Celtic sea salt + dried herbs to taste
- 2 handfuls mixed greens
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Cook your lentils according to package directions.
- Add the greens to a skillet & spray with coconut oil. Sauté over medium-high heat until greens are wilted & cooked through. Remove from heat + let cool.
- Add lentils & all the seasoning ingredients to a small bowl & mash everything together.
- Toast your bread, top it with the greens, lentils, veggies + sprinkle with more
- herbs + nutritional yeast.