What if I told you that this recipe could double as crackers & pizza dough? You love me, eh? I know! Me too, me too!
All you need?
👩🍳4 simple ingredients.
⏱Under 30 minutes.
💗A love for crispy, flavourful + healthy crackers (or gluten-free pizza dough!)
🥑A really good dip, hummus, or guac!
☺️Patience while they bake!
They’re vegan, gluten + grain free, refined sugar, nut + oil free & full of plant-based protein, fibre + good carbs! The sesame seeds add just the right touch!
I’m so excited to share the recipe because TBH… clean crackers are hard to find!
- 1 cup organic chickpea flour
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 3 tsp. black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup water (room temp.) OR 2/3 cup if pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to 325F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the dough ingredients to a bowl & mix until a dough forms. Set aside for 5 min. to let the flour absorb moisture.
- IF YOU ARE MAKING PIZZA:
- Spray a skillet with avocado oil, heat over medium-high & pour the dough mix in, swirling it around to spread evenly.
- Cook on each side for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet, place on a baking sheet, top with desired toppings & bake at 425F for 4-5 min.
- IF YOU ARE MAKING CRACKERS:
- Roll the dough into small balls & gently flatten them with your fingers to desired thinness.
- Lightly dust the dough or your fingers with extra flour if it gets sticky. You can also use a cookie cutter or knife if you want to change the shape.
- Place the dough pieces on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until crackers are golden brown.
- Once baked, broil on high for 2 min. but watch closely so they don’t burn.