It’s been a few months since I transitioned to a plant-based lifestyle so I figured I’d give you guys an update on the pros + cons so far! I wrote a full blog post all about my decision to transition here if you guys are interested.
Now, let’s talk about the pros & cons!
- I feel so much better! It’s crazy to think that before this, I thought I was living my best life (& it was definitely a huge improvement from where I was a few years ago), but a plant-based diet has really shown me there’s always room for growth, to learn more & feel EVEN better.
- My digestion is on point, the bloat has HARDLY ever plagued me (& that’s saying a lot with all the digestive issues I dealt with in the past). I relied on digestive enzymes before ANY FOOD went into my body for almost a year… & I can’t remember the last time I took one!
- My skin is clearer & I get way less breakouts *knocks on wood*
- My tastebuds are changing & I get way less sugar cravings
- My energy levels are great, if not better than they were (& I was worried about this!)
- I’m more educated & it feels so good to eat this way because I know I’m eating real food & doing my body good
- It’s expensive! My diet is comprised mainly of fruits, veggies, nuts, whole grains, seeds + legumes, all of which have a hefty price tag when buying high-quality
- Sometimes, I struggle with getting enough protein + fats & I’m constantly trying to find new ways + foods to help with that
- Plant foods aren’t very rich in B12, so I have to take a B12 supplement in addition to my B-complex to supplement
- It’s time-consuming but I’ve grown to see this as a pro because I absolutely love cooking, getting creative + experimenting with new foods + recipes
I plan on doing a blood test to see what empirical data has to say but so far, the pros far outweigh the cons & I can’t wait to continue on this journey towards a whole-foods plant-based diet!
Always remember: This is what works for ME & might not be the best for you! Be your own guinea pig!
If you’re plant-based, what are some of the pros + cons you noticed?