I always knew cinnamon was delicious on just about everything but I never knew it was this good with sweet potato!
This dish is so simple + easy to make with just a few staple ingredients & it’s such a great side dish or topping + add-in for bowls! It’s so yummy you can even spread it on toast or rice cakes!
Sweet potatoes are full of fibre & antioxidants + vitamin C & they’re great alternatives to unhealthy sources of carbs! I chose to keep mine chunky but you can also pulse them in your food processor if you prefer a smoother creamy mash!
Ah yes, you were wondering how you could incorporate them into a recipe that screams summer & that’s so fresh & delish, it (sun)burn… no pun intended. I gotchu.
These sweet potato lettuce wraps are WILDLY DELISH, crispy crunchy but also a little mushy, full of healthy ingredients, light but satisfying & totally customizable to suit your flavah preferences!
TO MAKE THEM: Simply layer a few Boston lettuce wraps, stuff them with mashed sweet potato, avocado, hummus, hemp hearts + cherry tomatoes, roll ‘em up & enjoy!
- 2 sweet potatoes, boiled
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Add water to a skillet & bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the potatoes & boil for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are soft & a knife passes through them easily.
- Drain & rinse the potatoes & allow them to cool so you don’t burn yourself when peeling them.
- Once cooled, peel the potatoes. The peel should come off rather easily.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl & mash them. You can also pulse them for a smoother mash.
- Add the other ingredients & mix until combined.
- Enjoy! 🙂