Insert tag line: “so delicious, your kids will forget about Dairy Queen”.
A great alternative to real chocolate chip ice cream but without the dairy + refined sugar! And guess what?! you don’t even need plant-based milk for this one!
All you need are bananas, almond butter, cacao nibs + vanilla!
The banana is the secret ingredient (secret’s out!) that really allows gives this ice cream the same thick, rich & creamy texture of dairy ice cream, not to mention it’s naturally sweet so no added sugar necessary & it’s full of potassium + fibre!
PS: Turn this into a chocolate chip banana smoothie by adding 3/4-1 cup of plant-based milk or half half it with water!
PSS: DOUBLE YOUR BATCH! 🤣
PSS: I swear, I’m done after this one! If you have time, freeze some bananas over the weekend so you have them on hand & ready for the week for smoothies, this ice cream or to add in to oats or cashew/almond cream or Greek yogurt.
- 4 frozen bananas (try to use ripe ones – the riper, the sweeter + no waste!)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 6 tbsp. raw cacao nibs (or vegan dark chocolate chips)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Freeze your bananas ahead of time.
- Add the ingredients to your food processor & pulse on high until ice cream consistency is obtained. You will need to stop to scrape the sides every now & then!
- Eat STAT & freeze leftovers for later (it’ll obviously firm up in the freezer).