These vegan black bean lettuce wrap “tacos” are everything. Seriously, whether you’re a black bean aficionado like me or you’re a bit newer to the whole “eat more beans” thing, you will fall head over heels for these!!
I totally teased you guys with these & kept you waiting for the recipe (don’t hate me), but just think Mexican-seasoned black beans with coconut aminos + nutritional yeast, avocado, sprouts, green onion, organic salsa + tons more cheesy flavour… and they are about to become YOURS!
PRO TIP: I always layer my lettuce wraps because TBH, I stuff them a whole lot so it prevents them from ripping. I generally double them, depending how thin it is! Either way, this meal is a little bit messy but it’s so good, it’s worth the mess!
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup organic no-salt added black beans
- 3 tbsp. organic coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 avocado, cut into chunks
- Pink radish sprouts
- 1-2 tbsp. organic medium salsa
- 1 green onion, diced
- Add the black beans, nutritional yeast, coconut aminos, garlic, cumin, chili powder & smoked paprika to a small skillet & heat over medium-high heat. Sauté the black beans with all the other ingredients for about 3-4 minutes, until combined, hot & cooked through but not mushy!
- Place the lettuce wraps (doubled) on a plate & top with the black bean mixture, salsa, avocado, sprouts & green onion. Drizzle on some more nutritional yeast if you wish.
- Roll ’em up & ENJOY! 🙂