Believe me when I say that there is ALWAYS a plant-based way to change up just about any recipe! All you need is a bit of imagination.
To make up for the protein, I swapped the traditional feta cheese for smoked onion tempeh + threw in a tbsp. of cooked amaranth to add some fibre, more protein, carbs, iron, calcium + vitamin C!
I kept the dressing super simple to let the flavour of the veggies shine & boom… a vegan Greek salad was born! It’s fresh, crispy, light, summery & contains a great balance of healthy fats, carbs, fibre, antioxidants + plant protein!
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup smoked onion tempeh, diced
- 1 tbsp. cooked amaranth (quinoa, buckwheat, lentils or brown rice are great too!)
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Himalayan pink salt + black pepper to taste
- Add all the salad ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- Season the salad with the dressing ingredients & toss to coat.
- Serve with 1/2 fresh lemon & ENJOY!