This breakfast literally gave me SO MUCH energy! I powered through my workouts this morning like the energizer bunny & this is the only different thing I had this morning, so… it’s gotta be the culprit! When you see the ingredients list, you’ll understand why!
It’s vegan, grain, gluten, refined sugar + nut-free, paleo & so filling, easy, simple & DELISH! What’s fun is you can eat it cold or warm it up & add your fave toppings, such as nuts, seeds, nut butters, protein, collagen or dried or fresh fruit!
Why coconut flour? Well, mainly because I wanted to make these babies grain-free! BUT, also because it packs tons of health benefits!
- low in sugar, so it won’t spike blood sugar levels & has a low score on the glycemic index
- high in fibre & plant-protein
- high in healthy fats
- grain-free, so it’s a great alternative for those with grain or gluten sensitivities
- low carb
- boosts metabolism & burns fat
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. ground flaxseed
- 3/4-1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp. pure organic vanilla (or maple syrup if you don’t mind the extra sugar content)
- TOPPINGS: Berries, cinnamon + Living Intentions blueberry superfood probiotic granola
- Add the ingredients to a small container & whisk gently until combined. Seal the container, give it a good shake & refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, stir & top with desired toppings.