Am I the only weirdo who craves greens…
DON’T ANSWER THAT.
Celery is full of vitamins, minerals, nutrients & health benefits ranging from heart health, fighting inflammation, skin disorders, liver + autoimmune disease, migraines, fatigue + gut health, bloating + other digestive issues.
I honestly thought making celery juice was a hassle so I never really did it because I don’t have a juicer. But turns out, you don’t even need one! All you need is a blender, celery + filtered water.
In a nutshell, eat/drink celery because:
- it’s high in insoluble fibre + water, which makes it great for cleansing the intestines, regularity + fighting inflammation.
- it has perfect sodium to potassium balance, which means it fights bloating without dehydrating the body, reduces gas + relaxes nerves in intestinal walls; its natural sodium content also raises stomach acid, promoting digestion.
- it’s low-glycemic – balances blood sugar due to high mineral + vitamin C content + helps curb sugar cravings.
- it’s perfect for electrolyte replenishment after a workout, great for heart health, maintaining healthy blood pressure + preventing light headedness / fatigue.
- it’s high in calcium, builds strong bones & helps with the dilation of blood vessels + also high in vitamin K to boost circulation + blood flow
- it’s full of antioxidants so it fights aging in all our organs, including our skin.
BTW, celery is one of the few veggies I try to get organic whenever possible because it’s on the dirty dozen list & has no peel!
INGREDIENTS (for about 2 full cups):
- 2.5 cups raw celery, chopped
- 1.5 cups filtered water
- Simply add the celery + water to a blender & blend until combined & no chunks of celery are leftover.
- Place a strainer over a mixing bowl & pour the celery juice into the strainer.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes to drain any excess pulp. Don’t stir or mix the juice & pulp mixture to prevent the pulp from going into the juice. Let it do its thing.
- Alternatively, use a nut milk bag.
- Pour the celery juice into a mason jar & store in the fridge.
- Enjoy! (It stays fresh for 24-36 hours!).