If you don’t know, now you know… I absolutely LOVE black beans!!! And if you haven’t already guessed… they’re the main event in this dip! It’s so thick & creamy, full of antioxidants, fibre & protein & SO versatile! Spread it on your fave rice cakes or toast, use it as a topping on bowls or lettuce wraps or dip some crunchy veggies in it!
What else is in it?!
- raw unsalted almonds
- mixed greens
- nutritional yeast
- minced garlic
- apple cider vinegar
- raw Dijon
- 1 can organic low-sodium or no-salt added black beans
- 1 tbsp. raw unsalted almonds
- A heaping handful of mixed greens
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. raw organic Dijon mustard
- 1/2 medium shallot, diced
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to your blender jug (except the minced garlic) & blend until combined & incorporated. The hummus should be thick & creamy and have the texture of actual hummus.
- If it’s too thick, thin it out by adding more apple cider vinegar or filtered water, one tbsp. at a time.
- If it’s too thin, add more nutritional yeast or almonds to thicken it, one tbsp. at a time.
- Mix in the minced garlic & store in an airtight container & refrigerate.
If you’re wondering or needing some inspo for how to devour this delicious hummus, here’s what I had for lunch yesterday… AND YES, IT’S A BOWL. Seriously though, a bowl of what I like to call “goods” (a.k.a. wholesome nutritious foods) is the best way to pack everything your body needs into a fresh, crispy, delicious one-bowl meal (which also means… less dishes!).
Here’s what’s in it…
- 1/2 avocado drizzled with nutritional yeast
- roasted carrots
- homemade black bean vegan “cheesy” hummus
- heart of palm
- cherry tomatoes
- roasted sweet potatoes
And yes, in case you’re wondering, most of this bowl was made possible in part thanks to MEAL PREP! If you want to know more about why I swear by it, search “KITK’s guide to meal prep” on the blog! And you’ll also get direct links to tons of simple + easy meal-prep friendly recipes! And if you’re lazy, here’s the direct link… LOVE YOU!